Ok, first: I know, I know. I need to write about the inauguration. Too much to say, too many concerns about being objective. But I will write something. Or just ask me about it.
In the meantime, I found this fun survey at a great book blog called "Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin?" You make a list of 10 things you love that all start with the same letter and if people want to be tagged, they comment and the original poster assigns them a letter. So Trish, who runs that blog, assigned me the letter m. In no particular order:
1. Michelle Obama -- I've always liked Michelle. She's so smart and independent and it's obvious Barack thinks the world of her. So many political wives come across in public as though their entire identity is being Mrs. So-and-So, but Michelle really seems to be her own person. Politics aside, I think she's fabulous.
2. Magazines -- I subscribe to three and have to restrain from buying news magazines every week. As it is, I'm always at least two issues behind on the New Yorker.
3. Motown -- When I was a kid and didn't want to clean, my mom would put on old Motown music (The Temptations, Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson, etc) and we'd play it really loud while we did housework. That's my favorite music to this day.
4. Maya Angelou
5. Moonlight walks
6. Museums -- Specifically, the Smithsonian
7. "Macbeth" -- My absolute favorite play of all time. I read it in 8th grade and saw a fantastic production at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and have been obsessed ever since. Love it.
9. Michael Jordan -- I was a RABID Chicago Bulls fan as a young teen and Michael Jordan was of course my favorite player.
OK, so anyone who wants to be tagged, leave me a comment and I'll assign you a letter. Then you post on your blog.