Saturday, November 28, 2009

Three months.

Three months since my last post and the high school reunion, which now seems so far off. Three months past the end of my first 90 days of work. And just a week or so until my six-month anniversary at said job. Maybe I'll update more often.

When I moved back to Klamath Falls, it was supposed to be a very temporary situation. I was going to find another job and crash rent free to save up my unemployment. I never expected the paper here to hire me, seeing as how they had JUST hired a reporter and copy editor and I knew the budget was tight. Then somehow, there was an opening. So I started work less than a week after learning about existence of the position. Thing 1 that wasn't supposed to happen here.

Around the time of the reunion and my last post on here, I started spending time outside of the group setting with a coworker I'll call Kansas (nickname courtesy of a Facebook friend who remembered nothing I told him about Kansas except his home state/alma mater). By my birthday in late September, we were dating. While we've never really had an official "what are we doing" conversation, it's definitely been a relationship for about two months now and a few days ago changed our Facebook statuses, which apparently makes it "official." It makes me feel about 13 years old to get all excited about Facebook, but I suppose changing your relationship status is the easy way to tell all your friends you're officially off the market. The LAST thing I would ever have expected was to move home and find a boyfriend. After so many years of being single in Eugene, I come back home and find a great guy. Weird how things work out.

Being in a relationship is a new thing for me, and while I'm happy and excited about it, it's a strange adjustment after so many years of being single. I'm quite comfortable and am interested and excited to see where things go from here.

Other than that, there's not much to report. Between work and time with Kansas, there's not much time for anything else. Living with my parents has a few stresses, but financially it's the best option as long as I can stand it. They're not at all controlling and my dad is a good enough cook to make up for about 99 percent of the things that irritate me.

No comments: