Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ah, Irony

There is an enormous, creepy mosquito hawk flying around my living room.

The creepy mosquito hawk is there because the windows are open.

The windows are open because we set off a bunch of raid bombs to kill creepy bugs.*

In other news, David Sedaris spoke at UO tonight. He also signed my book and we joked about funny political bumper stickers. The speech was fabulous. I almost peed myself laughing. That man is fucking hilarious. I'm very excited, particularly about his discussion of zombies. As a result of his recommendation, I must go and purchase "The Zombie Survival Guide" immediately.

*Ok, so the bombs were intended to kill fleas, but the point remains that bugs coming in because we opened the windows to get rid of the bug poison is ironic.

No comments: