Monday, April 23, 2007

Spam poetry

So I have a love/hate relationship with spam e-mail. I hate that it takes up space in my inbox, but I love when it comes in the form of random poetry. I think this is my favorite, if only for the refernece to "stiffened rabbit carcas."

"XVI. Laying a Ghost: The Jeannette and the Fram
This perfection, this absence.
Would their world not remain comfortably
They move against, or through, or by, or toward.
XII. The Mystery of the Missing Ships: The Franklin Search
To watch me watch drowned snow lift from the lake.
A rabbit carcass in its stiffened fur.
So you can watch me watch uplifted snow
snowdrops and crocuses might be fooled
A salamander scuttles across the quiet
In the dread circle hemmed by glaciers,
In Florida, it's strawberry season—
Against which we have been projected? What . .
Snaps of ice cracking in the hidden air.
Everywhere, utterly.
Whiteness, those pediments that rise
IX. After the Great Northern Expedition
Life, or only joy, that stands out
Merely a mockery of spring"

2 comments:

Mr. Burns said...

I prefer Poetry Slam to Poetry Spam

Copy Editor said...

Me too, Mr. Burns. Me too.